Thursday, December 1, 2011

DIY-Christmas Globes


Project: Do it yourself Mason Jar Snow Globes. 



 I saw these adorable globes at Anthro and decided I had to give it a try and make them myself. It was really easy so I thought I'd share. 


1.
What you will need
Spray Adhesive Glue
Glitter
Mini Tree's- I bought a 21 piece pack at Michaels
Glue Gun
a bag of fake snow
a bag of small pine cones 

I also made globes with Snowmen and added glitter jingle bells- both from Michael's. 


2.
Spray the tree's with adhesive glue and sprinkle with glitter.
Let dry.



 For the snowman I bought three different sized balls (Small,Medium,Large) separately, 
each came in packs of 4-6 balls. 
 Glue gun the body of the snowman together using one of each size,
spray with adhesive glue, 
and sprinkle with glitter.


Turn the mason jar upside down and unscrew the cap. 
Arrange the tree's or snowman how you like on the inside of the cap,
then glue gun all the items to the cap.


Once the glue is dry add the fake snow, 
then screw the top back on. 
Make sure you don't turn the mason jar right side up. 
It will make a mess. 
Keep it upside down the whole time. 

Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

nicole me oh my! said...

so cute! we are on the same wave length - I am making these tonight. Can't wait to have these in my home.

Scott & Adie said...

Those are so sweet and charming! Your mantel looks great.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I saw these in Anthro as well - yours look great!

Zane Wooder said...

I think the little miniature Christmas trees are adorable.

-Zane of ontario honey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...